Drive Africa’s car repair workshop in Cape Town has now been moved to:
Howelles Motor repairs
The mechanical workshop for vehicle service or minor vehicle repairs has for 11 years, since 1998, been used for the repair and overhaul of our buyback cars in Cape Town. The buyback division is now closed hence the move to Howell’s Motors.
After an in-depth market research and analysis, management soon realised a need for car service in Cape Town and that the car owners in Cape Town were in dire need of an affordable car service and repair workshop. Drive Africa is filling the void in the car repair industry, not only for general car repairs, but also for the repair of 4×4’s and Campervans.
The workshop is situated just outside the city centre of Cape Town, in Observatory. With easy access from the N1 and N2 highway, as well as from the M3- there’s no excuse why your car can’t experience the magic touch of the car doctor! If you are coming from the airport’s side, your car will only have a 15minute cruise before it can bask in the healing hands of Howell’s auto mechanics. Now you are probably wondering what exactly can Howells car repair workshop do for you?
All motor vehicle repairs, car servicing and automotive repairs as well as electrical repairs, ball joints, tie rod ends, steering racks replaced by us. We fit you new tyres, skim your disks and replace shock absorbers!
Our service also includes the following:
- Tyres – replace, change, rotate and balance wheels and computerised wheel alignment. Flat tyres and spare wheels fixed and tread checked as well as correct tyre pressure.
- Steering – Inspection, corrective work, replacing steering racks and boots etc.
- Clutch – We fit new clutch kits and clutch cables where needed.
- Brakes – Fit new brakes, brake cylinders, fit ne brake disks or have them skimmed, brake pads
- CV joints – We fit new CV joints or advise on CV joints repairs
- Exhausts – we repair, replace exhausts with holes, fit new brackets and silencer boxes for car exhaust repairs Cape Town.
- Suspension – Shock mountings replaced, shocks replaced, ball joints replaced
- Batteries – Check, load, test, recharge if still in good condition or replace
- Oil Change – small service while you wait, including oil and oil filter with a quick vehicle check thrown in or book for a major service which includes spark plugs, air filter and fuel filter. We also repair oil leaks.
- Gearbox/Transmission – check gearbox oil level, check gears functioning properly or rest gears and check if clutch is slipping and needs replacement.
- Cambelt replacements – check and if necessary replace with new Cambelt otherwise done at intervals specified by manufacturer.
- Electrical – Basic electrical repairs, electric windows, aerials and radios can be fitted as well as bulbs that need to be replaced or indicators, brake lights, headlights etc.
- We also fit new – Tie rod ends, ball joints, steering racks, clutches, brakes, disks, brake pads.
The mechanical workshop for vehicle service or minor vehicle repairs has for 11 years, since 1998, been used for the repair and overhaul of our buyback cars in Cape Town. The buyback division is now closed h
Whether you need major vehicle repairs done in Cape Town or just a vehicle service according to the manufacturers specifications we can assist at Howell’s and service your car if you reside in the vicinity of Cape Town.
All major car models are serviced by Howell’s auto mechanics and we guarantee service excellence! With 10 years worth of motor vehicle repairs, engine repairs and mechanical maintenance experience, wouldn’t you expect only the best?